DPRK Briefing Book : The Five-Point Programme of the Great Unity of the Whole Nation for the Reunification of the Country
Kim Jong Il, Uriminzokkiri, April 18, 1998
The great leader Kim Jong Il advanced this programme in the letter titled “Let us Reunify the Country Independently and Peacefully through the Great Unity of the Entire Nation” on April 18, Juche 87 (1998).
- “Great national unity must be based thoroughly on the principle of national independence.”
- “The entire nation must unite under the banner of patriotism, the banner of national reunification.”
- “The north and south must improve their relations in order to achieve the great unity of our nation.”
- “For the great unity of our nation, we must reject domination and interference of the foreign forces and fight against the traitors to the nation, the anti-reunification forces, who are in collusion with the foreign forces.”
- “For the great unity of the nation all the Koreans in the north, south and abroad must visit one another, hold contacts, promote dialogue and strengthen solidarity.”