REDUCING RISK OF NUCLEAR TERRORISM AND SPENT FUEL VULNERABILITY IN EAST ASIA
Our 2017 workshop for this project will be held in Nagasaki Japan, January 20-22, 2017. (Participation is by invite-only.)
Schedule of events:
January 19: Participants arrive
Upon Arrival at the Nagasaki Airport, take the Prefecture bus (approximately 45 minutes) to the end of the line (Nagasaki Station). Once at the station look for a walking bridge (or ask for directions to the walking bridge which will take you to Hotel New Nagasaki). There will be a host at the airport to help you find the bus and also at Nagasaki Station to direct you to the walking bridge.
If arriving at another regional airport, ask for the appropriate bus to Nagasaki Station.
Upon arrival in Nagasaki you have been booked into:
- Hotel New Nagasaki
14-5, Daikoku-machi, Nagasaki-city,
NAGASAKI, 850-0057, japan
Dinner on your own on January 19 (keep receipt if you eat outside the hotel and do not charge the meal to your room)
If you have any trouble, please call Joan Diamond at US#510-9144573
January 20: Tour of Museum, Memorial and transfer to meeting venue
Breakfast at hotel begins at 7:00 AM
9:30 AM Meet in hotel lobby after checking out/storing luggage
- Taxi in groups to Memorial and museum
- Eat lunch in a nearby restaurant
2:30 Convene in Lobby with luggage for transfer to meeting venue Nagasaki Onsen Yasuragi Ioujima
Nagasaki Onsen Yasuragi Ioujima
3277-7 Ioujima-Cho, Nagasaki-City,
NAGASAKI 851-1201 JAPAN
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Group dinner at venue
- Conference per Workshop agenda
- Closing dinner Sunday evening
January 23: Return travel home
- Participants will take a group bus (time to be determined) to Nagasaki Station and from there take a bus to the airport. Participants should plan on leaving Nagasaki Station at least 3 hours before their flight. Buses leave Nagasaki Station every 15-20 minutes; Arrangements will be made for those with an early flight;
- Those who have been asked to participate in a public forum on the evening of the 23d (Crenshaw, Hayes, Itabashi, Chong, Hwang) will check-in to the Hotel New Nagasaki
- 4:00 Meetings with Nagasaki officials
- 6:00 PM Public Forum
- 8:30 PM Informal panel participant dinner
- Public Forum Participants return home—taking bus from Nagasaki Station to Airport. Again, travelers should leave the Station no later than 3 hours before their flight; Buses leave Nagasaki Station every 15-20 minutes;
Please save your travel receipts and those of incremental costs. Upon return to your office, copy the receipts and complete the reimbursement form. Scan and send to email@example.com.
More information will be posted as it becomes available. For more background, please view our project page.
This project is funded by the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation.